Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Soreness and Bureaucracy


So it's been a few days...I just finished watching "Oprah" and Wyclef Jean was on discussing the relief efforts in Haiti. And he was frustrated that the proper supplies and services weren't being brought to the people in need, and that instead there's all these photo ops being taken. He also said that if someone would just give him a task force, he could lead the coordination of providing relief to the people, with the Port-Au-Prince Airport as the base. Good for him---motivated, and he said it's also helpful that he's from Haiti---damn, it sounds like a good idea...Anyway, this past Sunday Marcus and I went to a Rangers game at MSG. The game turned out to be a good one, aside from the unnecessary violence. And I'm talking players taking their helmets and gloves off to punch each other in the face. Well I'm still seeing my trainer and coming home sore. Sometimes it's arms, sometimes it's abs and legs, and the usual bruise on the arm or leg. I finally received my long awaited Mountain Rise Chocolate Granola in the mail! I first discovered this brand upstate in Ithaca. I had tried a bunch of granola, and disliked the textures. Sometimes too chewy, sometimes way too crunchy. But this is perfection! If you're into granola and yogurt or milk for breakfast, I highly recommend this brand! I haven't found it in any stores down here, thus the mail ordering. Or if you're ever at our place, feel free to try some!

No comments: