Saturday, September 22, 2007

Happy Weekend


It's Saturday, I'm 32, and it's been a couple of days since I've blogged. Yesterday was my last day on cardiology and bright and early in the morning I was pleasantly surprised by a cake sitting in the cardiology room! Stacy had baked me a birthday cake, which was really sweet. Throughout the day, word got around that a cake was in the building and the "vultures" made their way to cardio to grab some. Ha ha. Well, tomorrow Marcus and I are going to meet with a local artisan who builds beautiful wood furniture. We're going to purchase one of his coffee tables and I am so excited! It's the table in the photo. Today we're trying to clean up the apartment and I was going through old mail and found out that the ASPCA has pet insurance. I think it's a smart idea to have pet insurance, since as anyone who owns a pet knows it's can cost a lot to bring your pet to the veterinarian! (BUT I never want to find out that my own friends or family DON'T bring their pets to the vet for regular check ups!!!! PLEASE!!!). I haven't thoroughly researched the ASPCA pet health insurance, but it sounds as though you can take your pet (not sure if this includes exotic pets) to any licensed veterinarian. There are different plans and the prices are reasonable. Another cool thing is that a portion of the premium is donated to the ASPCA. But the ASPCA is just one of many companies that provide pet health insurance. The other night I attempted to watch two films: The Mystery of Rampo and Black Orpheus. I couldn't bear watching The Mystery of Rampo, so I stopped. There were some interesting points, but overall I just couldn't deal with it. Black Orpheus was okay; I thought the cinematography was beautiful and it was entertaining. It's the Greek story of Orpheus, but set in Rio de Janeiro's carnivale. Speaking of entertainment, did you know that SNL's Dick in a Box won an Emmy?!? That is a classic and if you've never seen this, you really need to.

No comments: