Monday, September 17, 2007

Sky High


It's Monday early afternoon, and I am home on lunch break. Success story: Twinkie got his Echo finally, and it looks like his left atrium is still within normal limits, and hasn't enlarged since his last cardiology check up. As I mentioned in a previous blog, he has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM), which is the most common cardiac disease in cats. More good news: yesterday evening Marcus and I took a hot air balloon ride! You can see a photo of Marcus' view to the left. So enjoyable and so incredibly peaceful! Highly recommended. And the landing was a cause for excitement, too because we ended up landing in a farmer's field. You really are at the mercy of the winds. A "chase" car ends up watching where the balloon is going so they can arrive before the balloon does and so they can ask permission to land on someone's property. The chase car and the balloonist communicate over radio. Then the actual landing was fun because it was a tiny bit bumpy. After we all toasted with champagne, cheese, and crackers. I would LOVE to get licensed to pilot one of those things! Apparently, the balloonist paid $10K for the balloon (or "envelope" as they call it), basket, and burners! Woah. Then...it gets even BETTER!!! Guess what I am having for lunch? LOBSTER! One of my absolute favorite foods. P.S.: I have yet to try Legal Sea Foods, I hear it's yummy.

No comments: