Thursday, September 27, 2007

Long Live Analgesia (and weekends)


It's almost the weekend! Yes! Last night I watched "Prick Up Your Ears", a 1987 flick about British playwright Joe Orton. I enjoyed it. I was supposed to watch "L'avventura" the other night, but that brokedown DVD player still haunts us! We thought we fixed it by cleaning it, but we were wrong. I think this weekend we really need to buy another DVD player...for real. Because although I can watch films on the computer, which I did last night, it's not always ideal. While I'm on the topic of computers, I am not a big computer wiz, but I saw this really sweet high speed USB that stores up to 500GB. Honestly, I really don't know what that means, but I really like the way this thing looks, and 500GB sounds like a lot of storage, right? Today I dealt with my first "issue" with a patient under anesthesia: hypotension (low blood pressure). It is an expected "issue" with anesthesia, due to a number of factors, but it can still be frustrating. It was a little stressful, but enlightening. The anesthesiologist and the technicians showed me all sorts of fun ways to combat it like decreasing the inhalant anesthesia, bolusing fluids, and giving dopamine. Just say no to hypotension! (Well, you can say no, but it'll probably happen and then you have to try to make it go away).

No comments: