Monday, February 8, 2010

Friends, Food, and Fashion


So this past weekend Marcus and I started the weekend by hanging out with Terry-a and Steve. We went out to 'Inoteca Saturday night and ate GREAT FOOD! It was so busy there, and we had to wait, but it was worth it. It's an Italian joint in the Gramercy area. Then Sunday I saw Koh-chan! I had not seen him in a long time so it was really, really wonderful to see him and catch up! We ate brunch at Delicatessen, a food spot in Nolita. Then I met up with Terry-a again for a little shopping and to pick up some N'espresso pods at Bloomies Soho. Last night Marcus watched the Superbowl (go Saints!...I really don't know what I'm talking about!) so I kinda watched, too. Interestingly I saw a Caucasian player on the Saints with the name "Fujita" on his jersey, which is a Japanese surname. So of course I was intrigued, and googled my way to some answers. Apparently this guy is Caucasian, but was adopted by his Japanese step dad, and was raised with a very strong Japanese background, and therefore considers himself to be Japanese. Very interesting...and good for you, my Asian brother! Today I felt like crap, but went to workout with my trainer anyway. I felt better after. I've been scheming to purchase a beautiful handbag, courtesy of my friends' newly launched handbag company. They're really beautiful and really well made...so that'll be in the works sometime soon...

No comments: