Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Miss Marcus


Today Marcus embarked on his 9 day hardcore ski trip with a bunch of his friends. They're headed to the Calgary/Vancouver area to do some heli skiing and to check out some of the Winter Olympic fun. It's a bunch of very experienced guys, so they're going to go crazy with the skiing. I had no idea what heli skiing was, and Marcus explained it's when you take a helicopter up to the top of a slope where untouched snow it, and go downhill from there. And as much as I love when he gets to go have fun with his friends, and as much as I enjoy having time to myself, as well, when it's a trip that's more than a few days, my heart sinks a little because I miss him. So it's me and Gustaf holdin' down the fort! So yesterday I met up with Chantima, my lawyer friend. We caught up at Lyric Diner and she informed me of some crazy all day karaoke deal you can get at Duet on 48th. So we're gonna have to do that! It was good to see her. And we randomly saw Terry-a and Seren, her baby, outside the window. Small world! Today I went to the gym to work out with my trainer and it was a good workout. I was hurtin'! I was reading the paper and stumbled upon this disturbing "reality vacation" you can take in Latvia. It involves a former prison and a sketchy scene. Woah. Check out the link for yourself. Then I watched the movie "Shortbus". I was expecting something slightly different, although I knew the movie was about couples in New York City and their sex lives. But I wasn't expecting the UN-simulated sex scenes! And not that seeing people having sex is scandalous...but I always get caught up in the logistics of making a movie and people actually having sex...like do these people know each other in real life? If not, are they being safe? On another topic, when I was on the train today I saw a beautiful floral arrangement that a delivery man was carrying, so I took down the florist information. It's called Designs by Ahn. Very nice...

No comments: