Sunday, February 28, 2010

Late Night Cravings


Last night, at 12:30AM, I was watching SNL and it hit me, as I sat there somewhat sleepy eyed in my robe...it's Saturday night in New York! So I texted my Chantima, in the small chance she'd be up for a late night of karaoke. And luckily, she was! We met up in midtown, and after trying two places that were packed with people and a long waitlist, we got to a place on 32nd Street! It was great...she sang some ABBA, Cyndi Lauper, some country tunes, and Roberta Flack...and me, my usual karaoke cheese I love so much: Madonna, Whitesnake, Berlin, Celine Dion, and even Julio Iglesias. But the air quality was really bad in there! It was like all the cigarette smoke in the place was being diverted into our room! It really took a hit on our abilities! We need to go to another place next time. I got home around 5AM. Good stuff! Then today I headed into Bed-Stuy to hang out with Stephen. He had been raving about this new Italian restaurant that opened up in his neighborhood called Saraghina. It was incredible! And what an incredible space, too-- I wanna live there! Very cool. Definitely have to go back. So now I'm back home, gonna watch a movie, clean up a bit, and wait for my husband to arrive this evening!

No comments: