Sunday, February 21, 2010

Six Degrees of Separation to the Twilight Movie?


Today I met up with Terry-a in an attempt to eat brunch at Prune. Well, we arrived and found out there was a one and a half hour wait. So we conveniently walked across the street to another brunch joint called Joe Doe. It was a little unorganized in there, but the food was good. It seemed like this place probably got a lot of spillover from the people who couldn't get into Prune! Before meeting up for brunch I was walking along the Bowery and went into Patricia Field. I used to frequent this place so much as a college student...back when it was on 8th Street, just off of University Place. I have many a club outfits from that place, as well as the iconic clear plastic backpack, AND my many memories of the cross dressing staff giving me tips on what to wear. And this was back in the day, before all the Sex in the City Hype, back when you'd regularly see Patricia working in the store...Anyway, now I'm watching the Comedy Central special with Sinbad called "Where You Been". Hope it's good! Oh, back to the title of this blog entry. So I've been scheming to get black wool mittens, and went to a favorite site of mine, Etsy, and encountered these cute mittens...that apparently become the craze after they were worn by one of the characters in that vampire teeny-bopper movie Twilight. Everyone's been knitting and knocking those babies off. I just bought a pair myself...

No comments: