Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Finer Things in Life...


I just enjoyed one of the finer things in life...grilled cheese. But not just any grilled cheese---MY grilled cheese. You see I appreciate the components of an extraordinary grilled cheese. I've thought long and hard about this. Of course all you need is bread, butter, and cheese. But they need to be of exceptional quality. The bread: I prefer one with less moisture, so I usually go for something like ciabatta, fresh of course. The butter: preferably the real deal, but if necessary Olivio does pretty well. The cheese: again, high quality. I prefer a combination of extra sharp cheddar and Monterrey. There has to be a substantial amount of both cheeses, but not so much as to overwhelm. The method? I butter both bread slices and cook so I get a nice light toast to both sides, with the cheese just melted. Hubba hubba...So if you ever want to experience what real grilled cheese should be, mosey on over to the island and I'll cook you up some, you hear?

No comments: