Monday, October 20, 2008

My Human Medical Counterpart


I just got an email from Jennifer, my wonderful friend who's in the midst of medical school down on Grand Cayman. She recently had her white coat ceremony, which marks when your clinical training with patients start. She's the girl on the left in the photo. I'm so proud of her! It's a rough road...and I guess at this point in my internship, I'm probably not the beacon of positive thinking...so with her, I sometimes feel bad being honest about how I'm feeling these days...because the last thing you want to hear is that the hell truly does continue even after you graduate and become a doctor! We met at SUNY Purchase when I was taking my science classes to be able to apply for veterinary school, and she was doing the same for medical school. It makes me shudder to think about treating humans....eeeck! I don't think I could ever do that...it would be so strange...ha ha.

No comments: