Sunday, October 19, 2008

Realizations, Affirmations, and Gustaf!


Last night Jennifer came over. She updated us on her projects at her new job and it sounds like she's really enjoying her life as a city employee...Queens holla! Then it dawned on me: I had been working for seven days straight. That's just not right. YUCK. Anyway, this morning we ate brunch at a pretty good place...it's a French restaurant called Bistro Citron. First of all: these people know how to make to make a cafe au lait! The food was excellent. I LOVE brunch---it's my favorite meal! It's the perfect meal: breakfast food, lunch food, coffee, alcohol if you want...and you can eat brunch from morning to afternoon...heavenly. You know, I had always wanted to open a restaurant that ONLY served brunch all day and night. Marcus recently informed me that someone beat me to it; apparently there's a brunch only restaurant open somewhere in the village. Speaking of food, my most recent obsession is having plain Greek yogurt with honey for breakfast. I love honey...especially in warm milk! There's a fragrance by Fresh called Mukki...it smells just like warm milk and honey. Although I love that scent, I wouldn't want to wear a perfume with that scent! But I guess it doesn't matter anyway, because the scent is discontinued! Back to my original story: Jennifer stayed for a little longer, and then she headed back home. Then Marcus and I were trying to find something to watch on TV this afternoon. All we could find was Dirty Dancing. SO cheesy, I know. I tried to find something else, but there was nothing on. So we, or I basically resorted to Dirty Dancing. And although it's completely cheesy, I must admit, I like the movie in all its glory...you know, Daddy's little girl, the sensitive "bad boy", Daddy's little girl ain't so innocent anymore, and of course, all that raunchy dancin'! On a different note, our Gustaf made it on the SPCA's website...we're so excited. I submitted his post adoption update to the shelter up in Ithaca where we met him. Check it out and look for the handsome one!

No comments: