Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm A Handful


I had big plans for today, since I have a more sane schedule right now...I was supposed to watch "The Secret Lives of Bees" today, but I ditched that plan on my way home...I picked up some Parisienne Bakery bread from the local Japanese store...it's a thick, slightly dense white bread and it's great! There are free standing Parisienne Bakery stores, but you can get the products at a bunch of places, including Cafe Zaiya, near Grand Central. I swear I was a Tokyo girl in a previous life, specifically from Harajuku, of course...I tried to think who I was before that life, but I really don't know at this time. I was online today and I found an article discussing how some women may carry a gene that is linked to reducing breast size when drinking coffee...i.e. if you have this gene and drink a lot of coffee your breasts could shrink in size! I'm happy with my modest chest...I'm a "handful" girl, if you know what I mean...but seriously, if I were to shrink from here, that wouldn't be right. I say this as I drink a cup of freshly brewed coffee...ha ha. More on science: the coelacanth. I've been secretly obsessed with this beast since I studied natural history (when I was taking science classes to get into vet school). Who is the coelacanth? It's a fish that was supposed to be extinct, but isn't! Why is this so fascinating? Because the coelacanth is the last of the Sarcopterygians, or fleshy fish. The coelacanth was around earlier than the dinosaurs, and has been thought to be a close evolutionary relative to the fish that led to the first tetrapods ever on land. But this is controversial. So this is pretty cool, right? What else is cool? Going to the Museum of Natural History and following the evolution of dinosaurs...by the way, what's the photo about? Well I figured since I was talkin' bra sizes, I'd include a similarly themed photo. Apparently there's a Hong Kong flick named "La Brassiere".

1 comment:

majsen said...

hi, as always love your blog and really enjoyed dinner tonight - love you