Thursday, April 22, 2010

Across the River


Today I went to an interview at a hospital in Jersey City. The trek was unexpectedly long! I can see Jersey City from my apartment, so I figured all in all it would take me maybe 45 minutes door to door. Well, it took an hour and a half! Because of the hospital's location in Jersey City, I had to take two New Jersey Transit trains, one of which only runs every 20 minutes when I was heading over there. But I liked what I heard at the interview, so we'll see. A plus: I was in the heart of a Filipino neighborhood, so I grabbed some yummy baked products on my way back to New York. Then, a somewhat surreal and disturbing event unfolded before my eyes: I was back in my hood, and passing the Whole Foods we shop at, down in Tribeca. Then a whorl of flashing cameras was crossing my path into Whole Foods. I took a closer look and it was Jessica Alba trying to act as normal as possible while 6 men with flashing cameras were hounding her. It was really appalling. I guess the price of fame, but really crazy.

No comments: