Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Pacific Northwest!


I just got back from a short trip to the state of Washington. I went to spend some time with my very close friend Stacy. So as I have done with previous trips, I'll try to best chronicle the day-to-day with a couple of posts! Well, I got there this past Sunday, and Stacy picked me up from the Seattle airport and we headed for Olympia, a suburban town about one hour outside Seattle. There, I got to see Stacy and her husband Casey's home. And I got to meet their two dogs, Charlie and Doji (see the photo)! We headed down to the farmer's market and ate some pretty good food, and got my first taste of the wonderful coffee over there in the Seattle area! It was at Dancing Goats Coffee Bar...yummy! We went to the in-laws house and met a bunch of friends, and took part in a carrot cake tasting event. Nine people baked carrot cakes and we all judged them, prizes and all. The next day we bummed around Olympia, ate some Thai food and of course I got some coffee! That night Stacy, Casey, and I went to this great seafood restaurant called Anthony's and I had some pretty decadent local salmon. After dinner we watched "Breach" at home, and it was a pretty good movie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You didn't mention how you went to sleep during the movie!! :P