Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Runnin' For the Hills and Chocolate Fun


The other day I went to interview at a veterinary clinic in Brooklyn that will remain unnamed...I had a bad feeling about it even over the phone with the owner, but I wanted to not make any judgments and I didn't want to flake out. So I went in with an open mind, and needless to say multiple incidents and details left me running for cover. I jumped on the L train as fast as possible. Then I met up with Teri, a friend who's moving to Northern California to start up her own veterinary oncology deal. Although I'm sad that she's not going to be around, I'm also excited for her. Our hang outs usually involve walking all over downtown Manhattan and eating. This time we ended up in a pizza joint in Gramercy. Then we seeked chocolate and tried out that Max Brenner restaurant in Union Square. It had a cheesy chain-restaurant vibe, but the thick hot chocolate I had (which was literally like melted milk chocolate) was ridiculously wonderful...and our waiter was excellent. Then we headed home. I hopped on the train and found myself alone in the subway car, which is a rarity!

No comments: