Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pineapple Scraps and Feelings of Summer!


So the weather has been delightful the past few days! I almost forgot it's just April. Last night I met up with my friend Jindallrae. We ate at a Korean restaurant on 18th Street then we sat in Union Square and drank some coffee. It was good seeing her.Well I have been kinda naughty in terms of eating...I've been seeing my trainer religiously and lately I fell off the wagon...into a delicious pool of Nutella and other chocolaty temptations...I want to keep going in terms of weight loss and all that, so I have to buckle down. It's really fascinating that NOT eating chocolate is that hard for me. Damn it's a daily struggle, no joke. I watched Martha Stewart today and she is always raving about this kitchen tool called the Japanese mandoline. It helps you slice things like potatoes at lightening speed. I told Marcus about it; we may purchase one. But apparently you have to be really careful because you can easily cut your hand or fingers using it! Then she talked about making pineappleade from those pieces of pineapple skin that you end up wasting when you cut up pineapple. I think I'm going to try to make that soon...but sans the clover maybe? Not sure about that. But I LOVE pineapple! In my attempt to be healthy, I bought some Brussels sprouts and garlic spinach for lunch. But that's not the problem---I like that stuff. It's just that I want to finish off the meal with half a jar of Nutella...God help me...And yesterday I watched this Brittany Murphy movie called "Love and Other Disasters". It was a light hearted romatic comedy, and I was surprised to find that I actually enjoyed watching it!

No comments: