Thursday, April 29, 2010

Coffee, Weather, and More Coffee


On Tuesday Stacy and I headed to Seattle for an overnight stay. One thing I instantly noticed about this part of the country were the curious weather patterns. I figured because it was always raining, people would be walking around with umbrellas. But my entire trip I only saw two people with them...the reason? I think it's because in one day, it'll be sunny, then rain a little, then hail a little, and then be sunny again! And this happened while I was there. And coffee joints, I mean GOOD coffee joints were everywhere! It was heavenly. And I have always loathed Starbucks, so I avoided those. But there were plenty of excellent coffee shops. And my theory on that? Well, since Seattle is kinda a sleepy city, in that it's always sort of cloudy with a little rain, you get a little snoozy... and need some coffee! The only place I've been this impressed with the coffee has been Bogota in Colombia. Anyway, we went to this pizza place called Serious Pie. And this was no joke---gourmet pizza all the way. This pizza was so good, I would have to say it's the best pizza I've had here in the U.S. Apparently this place was boasted about on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate", a Food Network show, if that validates if for you...ha ha. God that was good food. The rest of the day we walked around and checked out some shopping. We briefly checked out the shops by Pike Place Market, and passed the original Starbucks. Did you know the original Starbucks lady on their logo is topless? I guess they had to clean it up to go mainstream.

No comments: