Monday, April 19, 2010

Copycat


Saturday night Marcus and I headed to the local movie theater to watch the Chris Rock comedy "Death at a Funeral"...it was okay, there were funny moments, but nothing I'd say you have to go out of your way to watch...especially when we found out that this movie is a remake of the British flick by the same name...and when we watched clips of the original on the Internet, we found that tons of lines were ripped off line for line! I'm for remakes when the new version can add something of value to the original story...in this case, I'm not so sure. We're going to rent the original and see. Yesterday Marcus and I headed down to the Wall Street area to eat brunch at a Scandinavian restaurant. It was good, but even better was discovering this little gem of a street (Stone Street): cobblestone, with back to back restaurants. And outdoor tables covered the entire street. It seems like a good spot to find something to eat. I just hope it's not flooded with tourists. But we plan to go back. Then we headed home and I watched "A Clockwork Orange", which I haven't seen in YEARS! I forgot how crazy this flick was!

No comments: