Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fish, Flowers, And More Coffee



So on my last day in the Pacific Northwest, Stacy and I grabbed some breakfast at a cafe near the water. Then we headed down to Pike Place Market. It was pretty interesting. Tons of beautiful fresh flowers, mostly tulips, and crazy, crazy fresh seafood. Geez, if I lived in Seattle, all I would do is buy fresh caught fish and drink coffee! There were some vendors selling crafts, pasta, local cheese, and jams. But by far, the fish situation was impressive. Of course I grabbed a couple of cups of coffee, and then before going to the airport we went to an internet cafe where you got a great deal: buy a drink, get a half hour of internet! And what did I eat at the airport? Halibut, of course! So in summary, it was wonderful to see Stacy. We saw each other all the time in vet school, and now we live on opposite sides of the country. But it is good to know that I'd want to visit Seattle and the surrounding area even if I didn't know someone there. The coffee is gorgeous, the food, especially the seafood was spectacular, and the weather was entertaining. Seattle is a very clean city, with friendly people. I'd definitely recommend Seattle as a great place for a long weekend. Oh and I saw that Space Needle building from the beginning of the show "Frasier", but we didn't go in it and do the whole tour (Stacy offered, I declined). Again, if you like coffee and seafood, this is the place for you!

No comments: