Monday, December 10, 2007

Holiday Cheer...Beware


Tonight I went to the gym, stopped by Wegman's to get dinner, then drove back to the apartment. At our doorstep was a pretty little poinsettia plant with a card! My first thought was, "what a sweet little gift"...and my immediate second thought was "this plant is toxic to dogs and cats"! So just as a friendly reminder, many things are toxic to our furry and feathered friends...so if you get a poinsettia for the holidays, place it way out of reach because it can cause gastrointestinal signs including hemorrhage and blistering. Holly is also toxic. I could go on and on. So beware! Anyway, tomorrow one of our patients is a prize winning saltwater Angelfish who apparently has some sort of mass on its operculum (flap of skin covering the gills)and eye. I'm not sure of the exact breed of fish, though. So that should be interesting. Last night after I blogged I ended up watching another french flick, "Under the Sand". Great story about how a widow lives in denial after her husband took a swim at the beach and disappeared.

No comments: