Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tuesday Slump


Today we didn't have many appointments. We went to that man's house...the one with the Angelfish. Nice house! Gated, huge, had an elevator...you get the picture. Anyway, he's not sure if he's going to pursue treatment, but the mass looked like cancer. The recommendation was to have it surgically removed. Before Marcus left for Sweden, he got me flowers which have finally bloomed. The apartment smells so nice and the fragrance fills our entire living room. They're lilies, which by the way, can cause kidney failure in cats if ingested, so again beware! Speaking of lilies, my absolute favorite flower is the calla lily. It's been the subject of Robert Mapplethorpe's photography (a favorite artist of mine) and Diego Rivera paintings. I tried to watch Kurosawa's "The Bad Sleep Well", but I just wasn't in the mood, which was too bad. I think I needed something a little more mindless tonight. I briefly spoke with Marcus, who's having fun in Sweden. Tomorrow I'm going to the zoo. This is the same zoo that I spent a month at working with the reptiles and amphibians. It's a great place because it's not too big, so you can easily see the various exhibits within a few hours. And the collection is pretty impressive. We're going to take x-rays of the elephants' feet. That should be fun. Apparently the elephants are trained to lift their feet for the procedure. I love the zoo!

No comments: