Sunday, December 2, 2007

Another Sunday and Winter Has Arrived


Brrr...last night we didn't have heat and it was 50 degrees in our apartment! And no hot water this morning. I left the apartment at 6:45 A.M. to get started on my morning treatments and had no idea it had snowed overnight. Yuck! The good news is that the heat is finally working again and there's hot water. We watched "The Lives of Others", a German film about the Secret Police in East Berlin (before the Wall came down). It follows the surveillance of a group of artists and how it ends up affecting their lives. GREAT movie. Both Marcus and I really loved it. Now I think I'm going to watch a personal favorite of mine, "The Servant", which explores the relationships between the rich and the poor and even alludes to vampires. LOVE IT! You should check it out. Last night I roasted a whole garlic, unpeeled, in the oven for a while. Then we sliced up some fresh focaccia bread. And we cut open the garlic, took out the cooked cloves, crushed and mixed them with olive oil for dipping. Very delicious.

No comments: