Sunday, December 23, 2007

There Is No Snooze Button on a Cat Who Wants Breakfast


My first day off! All the surgery students worked it out so we all get five days FREE of the hospital over the holidays! It was my first day that I didn't have to wake up to an electric alarm clock. And notice I said electric, because there's always Twinkie the cat who feels the need to wake us up at 4A.M., 5A.M., and 6A.M. Everyday. So let's just say Marcus and I rarely get a full night's rest 100% the way through. Well, the past few days have been busy, but good. More surgeries, more opportunities to practice suturing techniques and all that good stuff. I overdid it last night wolfing down a LOT of brownies. Then I felt sick. Oh well. I went to the gym this morning. We watched a pretty bad movie with Ben Stiller called "The Heartbreak Kid". Don't even bother! We should have known better, but we really like Ben Stiller. We also watched the french film "La Pianiste", a twisted little story about a piano teacher who has a dysfunctional relationship with her mother and has submissive fantasies. The fantasies take a major turn for the worst. Interesting. Tonight we're eating at a french restaurant called Dijon. It's supposed to be good, we'll see...

No comments: