Thursday, November 22, 2007

Countdown to Holiday Overload


I guess after today, the countdown to Christmas is on...and you know it can get a little scary with all the shopping madness, and the 4AM store sales. Well, after I went to the hospital this morning, I got home and got to watch a couple of movies. AMC is having a Hitchcock marathon, so I watched "The Man Who Knew Too Much". I really like Hitchcock, so it was a pleasant surprise. "Vertigo" was also on, but I wasn't in the mood. I wish I was because I haven't seen that one in a while. But I just wasn't feeling it at the moment. "The Birds" is on, but I recently saw that. What I really want to watch is "Psycho", but that may start too late for me to be able to watch the whole thing. I also flipped between "Mystic Pizza" and the first Austin Powers movie, which I personally love. The rest of the Austin Powers movies weren't so great. Speaking of vertigo, one of my close friends, Jennifer, is a boarded audiologist. But now she's in her first year of medical school down in the Cayman Islands. I've been talking to her and she's trucking along, but I sympathize...that first year is ROUGH...and I mean ROUGH. What's cool though is that I met her back when I decided to go back to school to do this whole vet thing and she was back in school so she could apply to medical school. We became really close friends and it's really exciting to see that she's actually on her way to becoming a doctor! Anyway, Twinkie's been sleeping all day long, and right now Marcus is cooking our "Thanksgiving dinner". No turkey for us, though. We're eating some fish dish. Then some pecan pie. Right now there's a show about Southern food...and damn, that stuff is good....

No comments: