Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Verdict On Bond No. 9's "Scent of Peace"


Marcus brought home multiple samples of Bond No. 9 perfume, including "The Scent of Peace". Unfortunately, I can't say I'm a fan. The grapefruit is muddled by a strong powdery-musky scent that takes away from the "refreshing" perfume I was hoping for. Plus, it's not very potent. Marcus also brought home some other samples, so on another occasion I'll check them out. I can't believe next week is Thanksgiving, basically because here at Cornell, we don't get to acknowledge holidays! We students get our tuition's worth, since we rarely get holidays off. But a holiday like Thanksgiving is one that the university definitely recognizes...but since I'm in the hospital, and will be on large animal internal medicine, I'm going to have to be in the hospital everyday dealing with my patients. Plus I'm on call on Thanksgiving. My hope is that farmers and horse owners will be too busy with their Thanksgiving plans to bring in their animals to the hospital (at least when I'm on call!). I just found a disturbing article on the origins of Thanksgiving, although should I be surprised that the Europeans came to the New World (by the way, that movie was great!) and destroyed the lives of the Native American Indians for their own gain? No, I guess not, but it's always disturbing to revisit the good old atrocities of American history that we're supposed to just apply "benign neglect" to...

No comments: