Monday, November 12, 2007

I Want a Bourne Marathon


It's Veteran's Day. I'm going into the hospital for appointments this afternoon. So I tried to study by taking review questions on Vetprep, which is this Q & A type program you can buy to try to prepare for boards. But the site is down! Oh well. So I'll study another way this morning. Last night "The Bourne Identity" was on TV. Marcus and I love the Bourne movies. I was surprised that even the last of the Bourne movies, "The Bourne Ultimatum" was great. But I get very weary of sequels, because every sequel is another chance to mess up a beautiful thing, you know? Plus, I don't like when people create sequels for the sake of it (money) versus a really good story that warrants it. I was disappointed that the end of the last Bourne flick seemed to suggest the possibility for another sequel, because it's not necessary! Or maybe they won't and it was just a tease. One thing I don't like too much is how the action scenes are shot in the first Bourne movie: sort of this accelerated-type action. This didn't happen in the subsequent movies, which was, in my opinion a good move. Speaking of good stuff, I was thinking about good sitcoms from the past...like "The Wayans Bros." and "Spin City". Good thing they're on re-run.

No comments: