Thursday, November 15, 2007

Lord Have Mercy


Damn I LOVE bakery products, specifically CHOCOLATE cake. GOOD chocolate cake, though. I love German chocolate cakes...and I love (good) chocolate in general...but there's no chocolate at home, I haven't been exercising regularly lately, and I need to learn how to control myself. I really need to get back into baking sometime when I have some down time...I found this beautiful German chocolate cake on the Dean & Deluca site. I wonder if it's any good. If you've never had the pleasure of trying this type of cake, I highly recommend it...I've always wondered about the origins of this cake, since German chocolate cakes have coconut in them, and well, coconut isn't indigenous to Germany! So I found out the details on good old wikipedia. Apparently it was invented in Texas. Who knew. Another great invention: the wonderful combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Whether it's Reese's or some high end chocolate shop's doing, it's a beautiful thing. Oh, then there's Nutella...Italy's answer to the chocolate shortage during WWII. Now that's genius. Love the Italians. Apparently the world can celebrate the joys of Nutella on Nutella Day: February 6. YA!

No comments: