Friday, October 26, 2007

Autumn is Finally Here in Central New York


I went to the gym bright and early this morning and on my drive home I noticed how incredibly gorgeous the scenery was. The trees look like something out of a painting. Very nice in this idyllic setting. The color change in the leaves seemed to happen really suddenly. I've been running around taking care of all the materials I need for my internship applications, like getting letters or recommendation, working on my resume, a letter or intent, my transcripts, and all that good junk. I'm only now (1 P.M.) getting to studying today! Yikes...but the internship stuff is necessary, and I'm just lucky that I'm off from school and even able to take care of it. I've noticed since being home this past week that Twinkie keeps jacking my comfy seat in front on the computer where I study...as seen in the photo above. So now I have to drag in another chair for myself so I don't disrupt his multiple daytime sleep breaks! Sometimes having background music helps me study, or atleast keeps it bearable. It's been the legendary Led Zeppelin, traditional Indian music, and Ithaca College's radio station online, WICB. It's a great radio station! Alternative, jazz, latin, rap, sans the country and elevator jazz music. Love it. And by the way, up here people really DO listen to country...disturbing...This weekend Marcus is finally around, so we'll get to hang out. Stacy's boyfriend Casey (yes, Stacy and Casey) is coming into town all the way from Washington state, so we're all going to meet up for brunch on Sunday. My very talented and beautiful friend Karen Gayle is going to be in a play down in NYC! So if you're interested in checking it out, it's called "The Exonerated", playing from November 1-11.

No comments: