Sunday, October 21, 2007

Priced to Move...and Haul out of the Large Animal Hospital


Sunday early afternoon. I had a day off from the Large Animal Hospital yesterday and that was great. I slept in, got some studying done, and went out to dinner with a bunch of vet school friends. And one of my friends brought her husband. It was funny because we were all complaining about our usual vet school issues and then he chimes in to complain about the fact that he has to hear all his wife's complaints. It's true though, I definitely give it up to spouses and significant others who have to hear it (on a daily basis) from people in stressful professional programs. Thank you Marcus for withstanding all this crap for so long...seriously! Anyway, I had to go into school today and almost every patient was being a pain in the @#$%. The colt started freaking out in the stall when I tried to medicate him and it got a little scary...then my other patient was being shady as usual, then another horse freaked out when I tried to give him his medications. The only one that was good was poor Northern Desert, the sweet Thoroughbred, and he would actually have good reason to freak out if he wanted to considering one of his eyes is practically swollen shut because of surgery. So this morning was frustrating. But that's okay. So now I'm studying again. I listed two benches we have (in the photo) on craigslist and we've gotten tons of responses. We figure we want to start getting rid of furniture way ahead of when we move back to NYC, because let's face it, we won't have tons and tons of space there (we currently live in a lofty three bedroom apartment)and because I really don't like them anymore. I love craigslist! We've sold a bunch of things on it, it's great. So hopefully these two benches will be outta here soon...and I am outta the Large Animal Hospital by tomorrow morning! YES! Of course until I have to return to it in a month...but that's in a month...

No comments: