Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Dreary Tuesday

I just finished my marathon of studying. Phew. Just watched Oprah, my guilty pleasure. I also spoke with my Cali-based cousin Norrel who had to evacuate her house because of the wildfires. Luckily she's fine, her neighbors are fine, and so far it sounds like her house was spared. I asked her when she evacuated if she grabbed the things she wanted to keep, in case her house did burn down, or did she think it was going to be fine. She told me she left her house assuming the worst...which makes sense considering the severity of the situation, but that's intense. I'm glad she's doing okay. It makes me wonder what I would be thinking if I was in that situation. I've been in some "situations" before and in retrospect sometimes my reactions have surprised me.

No comments: