Monday, October 22, 2007

The Dentist, Sales, and Parasites


I finally finished in the large animal hospital. Luckily this morning, not too many of my patients gave me a problem. Brutus the 1 year old bull went to surgery today. It's one of a number of surgeries he's had because he tried to jump a fence on a farm and ended up ripping his prepuce (OUCH). And he's supposed to be a breeding bull, so I guess his owner wants to make sure everything is up to speed. Brutus had a breeding soundness exam the other day which consists of taking measurements of his scrotum, getting him to ejaculate (ya...a whole other story for another time), and assessing whether his sperm work and look the way they should under a microscope. And the theriogenologist said the results were normal, which is good news. So hopefully after his surgery, he'll lead a happy, prolific breeding life filled with tons of feed and good times! Other than that, I went to the dentist, I sold the two benches, and we're picking up our new coffee table tomorrow. That's exciting. I've been attempting to study for my boards exam...today was parasite time and after a while all the nasty tapeworms, roundworms, whipworms, pinworms, lungworms, fleas, mites, and lice blend into one super-parasite. AAAHHH I am drowning in a cesspool of parasites! Okay. I need to stop.

No comments: