Sunday, October 28, 2007

Is It...Perfection?


Marcus and I brunched with Stacy and Casey today. Great food! Then we came back home, and I was supposed to start studying. But then Marcus turned on the TV, and "Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle" was on TV...I LOVE this movie! It's...perfect?! So I had to watch it before starting to study, I couldn't help myself. Last night we went to the movies and watched "Michael Clayton". I really liked it a lot, and would recommend it. I think it's directed by the same guy who wrote the Bourne movies. I really wanted to watch Ang Lee's latest flick, "Lust, Caution", but Marcus wasn't interested. I don't think he's a big fan of Asian cinema (I know, Ang Lee makes movies in America, but this one's Chinese). Speaking of Asia, Stephen emailed me an amusing New York Times Article about new crime preventing inventions in Japan. It's entertaining, but so telling of the japanese culture. I love the Japanese...I really do. Speaking of more off the wall J-culture, if you want a backdrop on which to laugh, even if you don't know what's going on, check out Tokyo-Decadance (not to be confused with the seedy J-flick "Tokyo Decadence", aka "Topazu"). When you click to get to "Tokyo-Decadance", a prompt comes up. Just click on "cancel" when they ask to install Japanese characters. Not needed to enjoy! Turn up the volume.

No comments: