Monday, October 29, 2007

The Origins of Oi


I love that expression "oi" that the Brits and Irish use. I don't know why it's so amusing to me, but it is. Part of it is because it doesn't sound like an English word, so it's funny that English speaking people use it, but then again, it sounds really European. Apparently it's also used in a number of languages. And "oi" is also a sub-genre of punk rock that started in the '70's. I didn't know that. Well, last night I watched "In The Bedroom". It's about a young man who gets involved with an older woman who has kids and a violent ex-husband. I enjoyed it because of its pacing, the scenery, and the acting. I don't think I'd watch it again and again, but I'm glad I saw it. If you're in the mood for something solemn, I'd recommend it.

No comments: