Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Throwback Time


Happy Halloween! A few blogs ago, I mentioned Marcus' popularity during the parade a few years ago, so in commemoration, I included our photo from that day, which yes, ended up as a Christmas card. I love my french maid outfit because I made it. Sewing is cool! Speaking of which, last night I was studying with Stacy at a bookstore and saw the greatest book! The Apron Book. As some already know, I LOVE aprons...and find their domestic-ness incredibly sexy...especially the vintage ones! Saris are sexy, too by the way. Well, I better get to studying. I heard some disturbing news lately, about how people are trying to get politicians to pass legislation to stop the slaughter of horses for meat consumption in foreign countries. Then I thought, well, yes, it's disturbing that horses are getting slaughtered, but it's just as disturbing then, that any animal is getting slaughtered. The whole slaughter thing, even when done "humanely", is really something I struggle with...it's a major part of the reason why I became a vegetarian. It really bothers me that when an animal is no longer useful, it can get sold for slaughter...But I'm not going to go off on a rampage now. But I really want to visit a slaughter house, especially as a future veterinarian. Don't know if I'll get the chance to before I graduate. I did see a video on swine slaughter in class once...woah. Well, on a lighter note, happy candy collecting! I hope my New York friends are making it down to the parade...

No comments: