Friday, October 12, 2007

The Emasculator!


Friday night. Today was a long day! Taking care of my patients both medically and farm-ly...like giving Brutus the bull his flake of hay and heifer feed mixed with beet pulp...I helped to castrate a horse and that was fun! We use a tool called the Emasculator...no joke...it's the tool in the photo and that's its real name! It has a cutting and crushing surface so you can cut off the testicles, and crush blood vessels to decrease bleeding. And when you crank down on it to cut, you hear it crunchin' and cuttin'! I was thinking about it and I feel as though my blogs this week have been a little gory, and potentially a little much for some. I was about to include a photo of a castration, but I decided not to! This weekend I have to be at the hospital doing treatments all day and Marcus is still gone fishin'. It's gotten cold and we've been having problems with the heat, so me and Twinkie have been sleeping in the bed together trying to conserve body heat. More later from Farmer Michelle!

No comments: